Why I am a member of the church of Christ Part 2
by Myrl Frederick
7. Give of your means, or as God has prospered (or given) to you. Do this upon the first day of the week (1
Corinthians 16:1-2). Are there other forms of money making projects (not mentioned in the New Testament) where
8. Congregational Singing: (Ephesians 5:19; Colossians 3:16) There are no instruments of music mentioned in the
New Testament. If there is instrumental music, book, chapter, and verse needs to be provided.
9. Prayer is indispensable to the child of God (1 Thessalonians 5:17; James 5:16). Prayer, through our Lord
Jesus Christ, is the only way a child of God can talk to our heavenly Father (Ephesians 5:20).
10. The churches of Christ teach and practice the plan of salvation, which is set forth in the New Testament.
Faith (Hebrews 11:6); Repentance (Luke 13:3); Confession (Matthew 10:32); Baptism (Acts 2:38; Romans
6:3,4). It is Baptism that puts us into Christ (Galatians 3:27).
11. After you have been baptized, you must live faithful until death so that you may receive a crown of life
12. It is possible for a child of God to sin and be lost forever. (1 Corinthians 9:27, 10:12; Galatians 5:4)
13. We ask that you please pick up your Bibles and read the scriptures that are given. Do not take what man has to
say because it could cost you your soul. If we teach or practice anything that is not found in the New Testament
here at the church of Christ on Harrison Street, you would be a good friend to point that out to us. If you can show
us our non-scriptural practice, we will change. All we try to do is scripturally serve God.